Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Big Dog Falls (Smith Pond Brook Falls)

All week I have been itching to check out this waterfall. It really only runs in the spring or after a large rain. I visited it last year during the summer and it was only a trickle. I only had two hours of sunlight, so I made the trek as quick as I could (.9 miles). The trail starts behind Lake View Condos on Rte 4A in Enfield, NH There was also a light rain that I was also worried about. The trail follows the brook and ends at the waterfall.The last few hundred feet were tricky with wet rocks and snow. The first shot was blended with 4 shots at f/16 ISO 100 that were taken at different exposures. I used an UV and polarizer filter (about 2 stops). My longest exposure was 15 seconds. The second shot was blended with 3 shots at f/16, 10 mm 100 ISO, with the longest exposure being 2 seconds long.

Big Dog Falls Wide Angle Big Dog Falls Up-Close 

On the way back down I took the long way through some fields and came upon Jack, the porcupine. I was just in time for dinner. A nice way to end my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment