Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Paris Trip (Part 7) More on the Left Bank

After leaving the Jardin du Luxembourg I headed north on Rue Bonaparte and came to the Saint Sulpice Church with its large fountain in its front courtyard.

 

If you continue walking along Rue Bonaparte you come to another cathedral on the corner of Boulevard Saint Germaine called Paroisse Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It was another beautiful church.

I also visited the tallest building in the West Bank the Montparnasse Building. It was a true tourist trap, but had a nice view.

Looking down I was able to see one of the largest cemeteries the Cimetière du Montparnasse, so I took a stroll through the graves. It reminded me of New Orleans.

My day always ended along the Seine. Here is a view of the Louvre.

No comments:

Post a Comment